The Bristol Workforce Investment Board is seeking a Youth Systems Coordinator to support the board in achieving its strategic objectives in serving youth within the Bristol Workforce Development Area
Youth Systems Coordinator Job Description:
The Youth Systems Coordinator will be responsible for translating Bristol WIB policy into practice across youth programmatic components, and coordinating programmatic activities across youth partners. The Youth Systems Coordinator will develop programs and strategies to further enhance the development of the regions’ youth systems capacity. These activities will include, but not be limited to, assisting partnerships in developing brokered youth employment opportunities, convening teams to implement collaborative projects, and managing workplans, timelines and tasks associated with those projects to ensure success.
This position will serve as the regional coordinator in organizing, soliciting, and developing new service strategies and programmatic elements to be sustained by the regions’ local school to career partnerships and school/WIB collaborative efforts. The Coordinator will work closely with all youth partners and career center youth staff, to develop systems to capture outcomes of all pertinent work, as mandated by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and other funding sources.
The Coordinator will work closely with, and coordinate regional workforce development and youth strategies with the efforts of the School to Career Partnership Directors; Career Specialists; Career Center youth staff; school district personnel; job coaches; and/or any other youth service providers deemed appropriate, in matching and placing students with employers.
He/she will work with the WIB, and its Youth Committee to identify and develop strong business partnerships with employers in emerging and critical industry clusters.
The Youth Systems Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of the Bristol WIB.
• Oversee the activities and development of the Board’s Youth Committee. Provide policy direction and coordination of the BWIB’s Youth Coimmittee. Assist the Board’s Youth Committee in making recommendations to the BWIB concerning youth initiatives.
• Convene collaborative groups, agencies, employers and community agencies to assist in developing policy recommendations for the Board. Conduct mapping, planning and quality performance efforts to assure continuous quality improvement of the region’s youth system.
• Implement system to oversee and monitor performance of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funded and other Youth Service Providers. Perform cost and performance evaluations; site and desk monitoring functions for youth programs. Institute outcome and performance based management goals and contracts. Perform fact-finding activities and/or special monitoring efforts or visits, as needed.
• Draft, organize and prepare grant applications and proposals for funding of youth programs and other special populations, to increase the Bristol WIB area’s workforce development capacity.
• Assist the Director of Planning in the development of the Youth portion of the Workforce Development Business Plan and Strategic Plan.
• Support WIB outreach efforts to inform the public and stakeholders of the Board’s youth initiatives.
• Oversee and coordinate BWIB’s School to Career/Connecting Activities regional system and grant; and other youth grant initiatives.
• Create and present presentations informing community and interest groups of the Board’s work, on request. Attend relevant community functions, as needed.
• Strengthen the connection between employers, local school-to-career partnerships school systems, the Career Centers, and the WIB.
• Oversee development of worksites and community-service-learning projects for YouthWorks participants. Develop work and learning models at these sites. Coordinate with School-to-Career and appropriate youth staff to ensure work-based learning plans will be implemented and recorded.
• Create and support the development of regional and local career fairs, industry days, job fairs and speaker forums that will become institutionalized through partnership and leveraging of resources.
• Coordinate Regional Training Team/Professional Development activities including School-to-Career staff, teachers and other youth vendors as appropriate. Identified professional development activities include work based learning plan implementation, financial literacy, and workforce development awareness, including emerging industry clusters, and the relation of federal and state policies to education.
• Coordinate the use of work based learning plans with non school to career partners
• Coordinate youth work readiness activities with partners
• The Coordinator shall participate in all appropriate WIB meetings, youth conferences, and Youth Committee meetings.
• Other duties as assigned
Committee Support Assignments: Youth Committee; ad-hoc; special populations; as directed by Executive Director of the Bristol WIB.
The essential function or duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
1) Bachelor’s Degree required; 3-5 years relevant experience.
2) Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3) Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Project management experience a plus.
4) Ability to bring together collaborative groups to develop programs.
5) Knowledge of the Bristol Workforce Development Area, the local labor market and employer base preferred.
6) Strong computer skills.
7) Good attention to details, deadlines; professional ethic and confidentiality.
8) Must be a team player; high-energy professional; self-starter; self-directed; able to adapt in a fast changing work environment.
9) Ability to travel to meetings throughout the Bristol Workforce Development Area, and statewide. Reliable transportation required.
Anticipated Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com or in hard copy to: Maria Frazier, Administrative Assistant, Bristol Workforce Investment Board, One Government Center, 5th Floor, Fall River, MA 02722. Please submit no later than October 20, 2017.