Director of Planning
The MassHire Bristol Workforce Board (MHBWB) is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Planning.
The Director of Planning will assist in carrying out the Board’s mission by providing direct staff support for assigned committees and sub-committees, and by performing the following primary duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate the development of the Four-Year Local Plan, and any other planning activities and initiatives necessary in carrying out the MassHire Bristol Workforce Board’s (MHBWB’s) mission.
• Oversee procurement process for MHBWB funded activities (Develop specifications, write Requests for Proposals, Requests for Bids, Oversee impartial proposal review process; conduct and document contract negotiations for procured services.
• Oversee contracts for MHBWB funded adult and special populations, and other services (issue modifications; ensure compliance; provide or secure technical assistance).
• Draft, organize and prepare grant applications and proposals for funding of programs serving adults and special populations, to increase the MHBWB area’s workforce development capacity. Support the development of youth grant applications working closely with the Youth Systems Coordinator.
• Oversee special grant activities secured by the MHBWB.
• Develop and implement system to oversee and monitor performance of Individual Training Account providers and service providers under special grants. Perform fact-finding activities and/or special monitoring efforts or visits, as needed.
• Implements system to oversee and monitor the performance of the region’s MassHire Career Centers.
• Maintain Individual Training Account system (program approvals, report cards on training providers, maintenance of approved provider list, answer questions from potential ITA providers and Career Center staff).
• Develop and negotiate Memorandums of Understanding with all required Career Center partners, and optional workforce development partners.
• Create and submit miscellaneous reports required by MHBWB funding sources as needed.
• Develop written policies and procedures for MHBWB as required by funding sources.
• Act as ADA compliance officer for MHBWB.
• Assist and support Director in comprehensive planning efforts.
• Support MHBWB marketing efforts to inform the public and stakeholders of the Board’s work.
• Create and deliver presentations informing community and interest groups of the Board’s work, on request. Attend relevant community functions, as needed.
• Complete labor market analysis as necessary to support board activities.
Committee support assignments: Planning, other; as directed by the MHBWB Executive Director.
The essential function or duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The Director of Planning position reports to the MHBWB Executive Director.
1) Bachelor’s Degree required; 3-5 years relevant experience. Master’s Degree
2) Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3) Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
4) Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
5) Budgetary development and financial reporting experience.
6) Skilled in public speaking and group presentations.
7) Ability to bring together collaborative groups to develop programs.
8) Knowledge of Bristol County, the local labor market and employer base.
9) Strong computer skills.
10) Self-directed with strong leadership skills.
11) Good attention to details, deadlines; professional ethic and confidentiality.
12) Must be a team player; high-energy professional; self-starter; able to adapt in a fast changing work environment.
13) Ability to travel to meetings throughout the Bristol Workforce Development Area, and statewide. Reliable transportation required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience with a competitive benefit package.
How to Apply
Forward a cover letter and a copy of your resume to:
MassHire Bristol Workforce Board
One Government Center – 5th Fl.
Fall River, MA 02722
Or e-mail to: email@example.com
Cover letter and resume must be received no later than July 30, 2019.
MassHire Bristol Workforce Board encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. MHBWB is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.